Cloud computing is the next generation technology providing multiple functions to the IT companies. It is the delivery of on demand computer services for accessing and storing the data over the Internet replacing your personal hard drives. It is a cost effective technology which works on pay as you go basis. In other words, we can say that cloud computing is the sharing of resources in a cloud server rather than owning their own infrastructure or data centres. It comprises servers, computers, databases and central servers.
This technology has brought a rapid change in the business world. Now you don’t have to pay a lot for preparing an infrastructure for computing as it is already made for you by a cloud service provider. This is an affordable solution even for small businesses in which you only have to pay for what you are using.
Cloud computing technology offers faster innovation, flexible resources and suitable budget which helps in lowering the budget and increasing the productivity more efficiently.
How does cloud computing technology work?
Cloud computing is not a very complex technology to understand or use as it is effortless and quite easy to work with. It works on the concept of sharing resources instead of using your personal infrastructure or data centres. You can rent access to anything which is used in computing from the cloud service provider and you only have to pay for the resources that you are using. It avoids the upfront costs and complexity of managing your own IT infrastructure. It can be used for data storage, accessing, sharing applications, data backup and remote access. You can manage your data from any geographical location via Internet connection.
Types of Cloud Services
The cloud computing services mainly have four different categories which are IaaS(infrastructure as a service), PaaS(platform as a service), SaaS(software as a service) and serverless. These are the four layers of a cloud infrastructure which form a stack overlapping each other.
- Infrastructure as a Service is the most basic category and the first of four layers which indulges in framing the infrastructure of any cloud model. This includes servers, VMs(virtual machines), hardwares, and operating systems.
- Platform as a service(PaaS) provides a platform for testing, delivering and managing the applications. It mainly focuses on software management.
- Serverless generally overlaps PaaS and indulges in building Apps to simplify the management of servers in less time.
- Software as a service delivers the software applications over the Internet. It has upgraded security with efficient management of the servers.
Benefits of Cloud Computing Technology
Cloud computing is an advanced technology with highly upgraded features which has completely replaced the traditional computing methods. It has a lot more benefits which makes it a top choice of It companies.
- The very known benefit of switching to cloud computing technology instead of traditional methods is its pricing structure. It is a very affordable solution even for small businesses in which you don’t have to set up your personal infrastructure and you will only have to pay for the services you are using.
- It provides a proper scaling to your business and adjusts the resources, storage, bandwidth, and computing power as per your use. This makes cloud computing a highly flexible solution with scalability.
- It is an accurate and reliable solution providing the best computing platform. It is a time saving solution which manages multiple servers at a time with few clicks giving your business a lot of flexibility.
- Cloud computing avoids the failures and efforts that were generally seen in on-site data centres and saves a lot of time that can be used in increasing the productivity and reaching your company’s goals.
- Cloud computing is a highly efficient and rated technology which focuses on improving your company’s performance with increased agility and innovation.
- It provides data backup in no time with the faster restoration speed without damaging the original data and recovers your company from any disaster. Cloud computing provides a safe and secure environment for data storage and accessing.
- Cloud computing technology is a user friendly and a effortless solution. It allows you to work in a more collaborative and accurate manner. It also allows you to run software programs without installing them in your system.
Types of Cloud Computing
According to the user’s need, cloud computing can be of different types having different cloud structures. This depends on the type of deployment or cloud computing environmenton which your cloud service is going to implement. There are three different types of clouds in cloud computing which are public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud.
- Public Cloud
Public Cloud is a type of computing service offered by third party providers over the public Internet. Public clouds are a cost savier for any company and companies do not have to purchase, manage and maintain on premises hardwares and infrastructure. Public clouds deployed faster in on-premises infrastructure with cost efficiency. It allows the sharing of resources while maintaining the privacy of each user.
- Private Cloud
Private cloud is a type of computing platform which is used by any personal business or an organization . The cloud software in any private cloud is managed by an internal IT and it uses virtualization technology to combine resources. This is quite costly than the private cloud as in this computing environment the enterprises have to manage and develop their own data centres and infrastructure.
- Hybrid Cloud
Hybrid cloud is the inter linkage of both the public and private cloud. It allows the third party alliance in which atleast one cloud is managed by any third party. Hybrid cloud is a mixture of on premises, private and public cloud. It is the most efficient solution among all. With the hybrid cloud, you can swing your data in private or public cloud as per use providing a greater flexibility and elasticity to your setup. It reduces costs and improve scalability. Hybrid cloud ensures business continuity with increased agility. It helps you in managing multiple vendors and platforms at a time.